What APB Tool Control Can Do For You
APB is a company that will take care of all your inventory and tool storage needs, by making custom spots for your items.
Our services include: organizing a workshop, toolbox, work trailer, sea can, or any other storage facility. Basically, you tell us what you want controlled.
Here are some reasons to have Tool Control in your workplace:
- A properly cleaned up area usually equals a safer area to work. Clutter is removed and reduced.
- You will have a more professional looking business. Your potential clients always judge the overall appearance of your business.
- Less frustration looking for the items you know you have. This is probably my biggest pet peeve. Knowing I have a tool, but I cannot find it. It’s amazing how many tape measures I had after I organized my garage. But not one, when I needed it.
- Promotes good work habits, and trains employees to put tools back in the proper designated spot.
- Peace of mind, knowing tools are where they should be. When you lose a tool, you worry where it could end up. For example, in the inlet of a turbo fan jet engine. An engine that costs millions of dollars and is very expensive to repair. I lost a tool while working at a place in the aerospace industry.
- To this day, I can still tell you what it was! A ¼ inch drive, black oxide, six point, 5/16 size Snap-On socket. I never did find it.
- A mechanic does not know where every tool is unless a system is in place. Don’t let them tell you different, I was one!
- Greatly improve communication – everyone knows where the tool is located.
- Let the business concentrate on promoting their product, instead of searching for tools. Let them focus on their business.
- With Tool Control, enforcing proper tool usage, and return, is easier to do. With no Tool Control System in place, it is hard to discipline a employee for not putting a tool in its proper spot, since there isn’t one.
- “Steve – you didn’t put that floor broom away.”
- Steve will say, “I found it lying against the scaffolding beside the aircraft. Where do I put it?”
- Implementing a system benefits shareholders, business owners, managers and employees. A more efficient, competitive company, ensures all involved have better job security. All win.
- Easily identify when a tool is missing.
- The sooner you identify that a tool is missing, the better chance you will have at its recovery.
- If you lose a tool for a couple of hours, you can still retrace yours steps to look for it. If a tool has been missing for a month or more, it is a lot harder to retrace your steps.
- Better product flow through the business when Tool Control is implemented.
- More efficient company = you stay more competitive.
- Don’t allow your competition to exceed you.
- The longer you operate your business with bare systems in place, the more the survival of your company is at risk.
- This is what I have seen in the industry.
- Tool Control can help you avoid potential lawsuits. A system in place helps protect the company and its employees, which can save a lot of money.
- Tool Control saves money! It does cost some initial money to set up, but the advantages of having a system will pay for itself, time and time again.
- It’s affordable. Implementing a Tool Control System does not have to expensive!
- Tool Control provides accountability. Hold everyone accountable in your company.
- Is accountability viewed negatively? It shouldn’t be. Accountability gets results!
- Put a Tool Control System in place, to have the ability to solve problems, instead of laying blame! All managers should know this.
- Action sheets are great for keeping people accountable.